I was looking over the “Top 25” restaurants in Fort Wayne on TripAdvisor and was embarrassed at how many I have never tried. I really like trying new restaurants. In fact, one year, my wife and I ate at a different restaurant every week for a year1. That was before kids though. These days, we only go out once or twice a month and it seems to be the same old favorites. I would like to share ten of the my favorites in the Fort:
- Cindy’s Diner – ½ garbage, white toast and coffee.
- Power’s Hamburger’s – three light onion with cheese and a Mountain Dew.
- Coney Island – three with everything, Fritos and a bottle of Coke.
- Biaggi’s Ristorante Italiono – I hate putting a “national chain” on my favorite’s list, but they’re just so good. I go for lunch when it is cheaper and get the soup and ½ sandwich.
- Salvatori’s Authentic Italian Eatery – I’ve never left hungry! Try to save room for a Homemade Cinnamon Roll. You won’t be sorry.
- Hainan House – Don’t miss the tomato beef soup. It keeps me coming back.
- Toscani Pizzaria – If I happen to be downtown and have a long lunch, this is my go to spot. Big fan of 800 Degrees also.
- Calhoun Street Soups, Salads, and Spirits – Not to far from downtown. Makes a good business lunch spot.
- Blue Stack Smokehouse – Blue Stack is my favorite place that no one seems to know about. Great BBQ and poppers that can’t be missed. (I also love Red Rok & Shigs and Pits.)
- Celbollas – Best Mexican in Indiana (so I’ve been told).
What’s your favorite?
- Mostly thanks to the Entertainment Book. You know, back when it was still a good deal. ↩︎